Before Her Eyes is the story of how different people face death, what they are willing to do to save themselves even at the expense of those they love, and what we really see before our eyes when death is imminent.
The Book has been self-published via Amazon and Smashwords and is available as eBook for all eReader-Formats and as Paperback (Amazon).
Before her Eyes is the first Indie Book Rebecca Forster has released after 20+ traditionally published books.
About the Book
In a remote mountain community, the execution of a grocer and the abduction of a world-renowned model leave the local sheriff searching for a connection, two killers and a woman who is running for her life. In the next 48 hours, Sheriff Dove Connelly will peel back the layers of intrigue beneath the tranquil camaraderie of his mountain enclave and find that nothing is what it seems.
As Dove sets his investigation in motion, Tessa Bradley, a 'hard-assed' Texas gal, faces off with her abductors. Her rangy beauty doesn’t mean a damn thing to the foreign men holding her at gunpoint. Just as one of them pulls the trigger, Tessa lashes out. Wounded but alive, she escapes her captors only to find greater peril lies ahead. As her life flashes before her eyes, Tessa struggles to stay alive, prays for rescue, and fights for her soul's salvation.
|Click to Read an Excerpt|
- "This was an absolutely fantastic read. I read my mystery/suspense/thriller books and I was completely blown away by the ending-never saw it coming. Well done. " - L. K. Whitley
- " This is a page-turning, swashbuckling adventure told by a gorgeous seventeen year old vampire on the verge of womanhood. Katrina and her companions are girls who love fancy clothes and romantic gossip; but when their race is threatened, they become Women Warriors, using their paranormal talents, lightning speed, and razor sharp blades to wreak deadly justice. By turns tense and funny, this is a great read for fans of blood-lust." - John Daniels
- "[...] I will re-read this again because I'm sure there's additional depth that I missed the first time when I approach this book as a simple mystery novel. It's not. Read slowly and take your time to "feel" the words and understand the characters. The story is powerful, soulful and honest. Something to keep in your library forever. Thank you Rebecca Forster. " - Bea (Amazon)
- "[...] From page 1,this book was an all out assault on my senses. The emotions that are pulled from you can only be exceeded by the torrent of emotions that must have been poured out during the writing process. The incredible turns in the story leave you thinking in one direction, only to be blindsided from another. Loved it.Expecting a sequel soon." - Hamilton C. Burger
- "[...] This book makes you think and I like that. I highly recommend it, but make sure you carve out the time to read it because once you start, you won't want to put it down until the last word is read. " - Debra L. Martin
About the Author
Rebecca Forster always enjoyed writing, but she didn't dream of writing a book. In fact, she really loved writing marketing plans and reports in her position as a marketing professional. She has no journals or poetry in her past. However, she supposes she was a 'writer in the making' because all her life she has loved listening to and observing people, analyzing situations. She thinks that this fascination led to a comfort with the written word.
Though she has never taken a writing class, she does teach in the UCLA Writers Program. Rather than teaching a pure craft class, she talks about wearing the two hats that make a writer successful: creativity and business. Is is so important to remember we are not all about craft, especially now in this Indie arena.
Links to the Author and the Book
Link to Rebecca Forster's Website
Connect with Rebecca Forster on Twitter: @Rebecca_Forster
Connect with Rebecca Forster on Facebook: rebeccaforster
Link to the Book Before Her Eyes with Excerpt on Amazon