The Descendant is the debut novel by Kelley Grealis. Dubbed a vampire tale of biblical proportions, it reveals the biblical origin of the vampire told through the experiences of a modern day woman who discovers that she is a descendant of the first vampire.
The Book has been self-published via Amazon CreateSpace and Smashwords and is available on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords as eBook and Paperback - 287 pages - released in May 2012.
About the Book
Allison Carmichael is plagued by common yet undiagnosed symptoms and is desperate to find her life’s calling.
A car wreck leaves her with no memory of the past three years and in a life she doesn’t recognize. Allison soon discovers that she is a mortal descendant of the first vampire and the first of her kind to exhibit signs of vampirism.
She must decide between mortal death if she cannot control her symptoms or eternal damnation if transformed into a vampire.
Her decision is further complicated when she learns that one vampire has manipulated every aspect of her life and another seeks vengeance for her ancestor’s actions.
|Click to Read an Excerpt|
- "I'm an avid book reader -any genre. This was a very refreshing take on vampires. I inhaled the book and as soon as I was done I was searching to find when the next book would be available. I WANT MORE!! " - UConnHusky13 (Amazon)
- "I could not put this book down. If you think you're well read in terms of vampire books - then read this one! It takes vampires to a different level. From the first chapter I was hooked and invested. I was sad when I reached the end of the book - it couldn't possibly be over already. I hope there is a book two because the main character has so much to experience now! " - Martha (Amazon)
- "NO! is what I wanted to scream when the book ended, I wanted more. This was not your typical vampire story with Ms. Grealis creating her own spin on how the first vampire came to be. From the very beginning of the book, Ms. Grealis draws readers in by making Allison someone most people can relate to. [...] The vivid use of language sucks the reader right there alongside Allison." - Sunshine (Amazon)
- "I liked that this book offered a different perspective to the traditional vampire story. [...]" - Corine D. (Amazon)
- "[...] I would unreservedly recommend this book to those who already enjoy all things vampire; I would also suggest that those on the fence about vamps to give it a try as well. As a member of those on the fence, I am glad I took a chance on this one. " - Gomez Carlton
About the Author
|Author Kelley Grealis|
Kelley has a B.A. in Accounting from Baldwin-Wallace College and an MBA from Cleveland State University. She is also a CPA. After working more than a decade for Corporate America, Kelley felt professionally unfulfilled and decided to return to her passion – writing. In 2009, she decided to challenge herself by writing a novel and that is when the concept for The Descendant was born.
As a young adult, Kelley wrote poetry and short stories. Topics were relevant to events in her life at that time – young love, pain of losing a loved one, and milestone events. Her writing career was stifled when she went off to college and started her professional career.
Links to the Author and the Book
Link to Kelley Grealis's Website
Connect with the Author via Twitter: @KelleyGrealis
Link to Kelley Grealis's Facebook Page
Link to the Paperback The Descendant on Amazon with Excerpt
Link to the eBook The Descendant on Amazon with Excerpt